Social Studies Homework Due Thursday, March 16th
Read p. 114-115 and answer the following questions using complete sentences in your NB.
1. Write and complete this sentence:
The Erie Canal made it possible to ship freight more
_________ and _________.
2. How long did it used to take to ship wheat from Buffalo to N.Y.? How long did it take now that the Erie Canal was built?
3. How was the cost cut with the building of the Erie Canal?
4. What was the greatest import?
5. Which city processed the most wheat? What nickname was this city given?
6. Which natural resource was another import? What was this resource used for?
7. What exports were shipped west?
8. Name 2 cities that increased in population after the building of the Erie Canal
Social Studies Homework Due Tuesday, March 14th
Directions: Read pages 113-114 about the opening of the Erie Canal. After reading, answer the following ?questions in complete sentences.
1.When was the building of the Erie Canal completed? How long did it take?
2.What signaled that the building of the Erie Canal was completed?
3.Describe what happened when Governor DeWitt Clinton sailed through the Erie Canal.
How long did it take to go from Buffalo to Albany?
4.What was the Wedding of the Waters?
Social Studies Homework Due Friday, March 10th
Aim: To read p. 109-111 and answer questions about Robert Fulton and packet boats.
Answer the following questions using COMPLETE SENTENCES in your S.S. NB
1. How did people feel about the idea of a steam engine being put ?in a boat?
2. Who was Robert Fulton? What did he build?
3. What happened on August 17, 1807? (include detail)
4. What were sailing ships used for?
Important Information for Religion:
Alive in Christ Chapter Reviews
Alive in Christ provides online interactive online chapter reviews which gives students an opportunity for test preparation, and practice. This website also allows Faith-sharing features and resources geared to your family to encourage continued learning at home via games, multimedia activities, social media interaction, and topical articles. Please take the time to explore these wonderful resources!
Important Information for GoMath and Journeys Resources
Please click this link and visit the website for GoMath and Journey's resources.
The user name is the student's first initial and last name.
The password is Stagnes-4. Please be sure to capitalize the letter "s"
The following is the rubric which is used for spelling tests:
4 - one error or less
3- two to six errors
2 - seven to ten errors
1 - more than ten errors
Students also need to use correct punctuation and spelling for the two sentences they are given to write.
Reading and writing are a very important part of our fourth grade curriculum in all subject areas. It is important that this is reinforced at home. Students should be encouraged to underline information in the text when working in their WORKBOOKS. The students are expected to use opening and closing sentences as well as details in their written responses. There are also creative writing prompts listed in the links on my page to help practice writing mechanics and use of details.