St. Agnes Cathedral School strives to create and foster an
environment in response to the call of the mission of the Church: to
proclaim the message of Jesus, to participate in worship, to build a
faith community, and to respond in service to others.
Believing in the uniqueness of each child, St. Agnes Cathedral School
fosters a safe and respectful learning environment. It incorporates a
holistic approach to education: academic excellence, affective and
creative development, as well as, the spiritual, physical, emotional,
and social growth of its students.
Founded in 1917, and rooted in the Dominican tradition, the success
of St. Agnes Cathedral School is predicated upon the positive response
of a vibrant faith community of clergy, administrators, faculty, staff,
students, and parents who are committed to Catholic education.
Belief Statements (Philosophy of Education):
- We believe that all children are created in the image and likeness of God and as such are unique and free.
- We believe that each child has diverse talents and abilities, interests and emotions, strengths and weaknesses.
- We believe that the parents are the primary educators and are an integral part of their childrens success in school.
- We believe that fostering morality and inculcating values are essential components of a child's learning.
- We believe that children are called to be compassionate, to care
for and respect their neighbors in school, community, nation, and
- We believe that the students personal relationship with God is
strengthened as they experience positive role models in their homes and
- We believe in creating a learning environment in which children
develop a sense of autonomy and initiative, the ability to learn from
others, listen to and challenge diverse views and values.
- We believe that the school community has the responsibility to
engender in students an appreciation of cultural diversity, human
rights, and dignity.
- We believe that the school must provide differentiated
instructional programs that enable each student to prepare for his/her
role in the 21st century.
- We believe in our democratic society and teach children to
accept the rights and responsibilities they have as American citizens.